DESSA Empowering Parents Programme
The DESSA Empowering Parents Programme is a 6 week programme (2.5 hours per week) for the parents of young children with disabilities.
"Empowering Parents" will:
- Show tou new ways of thinking about your childs disability, which will help you to see new possibilities and ways of doing things
- tell you about your child's rights and how to achieve them
- explain who can help you to get what you need from piblic services and your local community
- help you to build your confidence and keep your spirits up!
- Disability and Inclusion
- Legislation and Policy
- Inclusion in Education
- Advocacy Skills and Strategies
- Meeting Parents Emotional Needs