DESSA Empowering Parents Programme Kerry September- October 2017
The DESSA Empowering Parents Programme is a 6 week programme (2.5 hours per week) for the parents of young children with disabilities.
"Empowering Parents" will:
- Show tou new ways of thinking about your childs disability, which will help you to see new possibilities and ways of doing things
- tell you about your child's rights and how to achieve them
- explain who can help you to get what you need from piblic services and your local community
- help you to build your confidence and keep your spirits up!
- Disability and Inclusion
- Legislation and Policy
- Inclusion in Education
- Advocacy Skills and Strategies
- Meeting Parents Emotional Needs
The programme will be starting in the following Family Resource Centres in Kerry from September to October 2017. Please contact the FRCs for more information.
Listowel FRC - Starting Tuesday 26th September
Contact Toni Clarke
Castlemaine FRC - Starting Tuesday 26th September
Contact: Fiona Callan
Kenmare FRC - Starting Wednesday 27th September
Contact: Maire Ni Leime